Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Kaizen Natural Whey Vanilla Ice Cream Flavor


Protein is pretty much a staple for building muscle and there are a lot of new "natural" products appearing on the market. Typically this means they use natural instead of artificial sweeteners. Kaizen Naturals has added New Zealand Whey - touted as the cleanest and purest whey on the planet.

The Natural Whey line is a whey blend meaning it is a mixture of whey isolates and whey concentrates. I purchased a single serving pack since essentially a review is based on the nutritional profile and the flavor.

Ingredients

The ingredients are listed as: New Zealand Protein Blend (cross flow micro filtration whey protein isolate, ultrafiltered whey protein concentrate), natural flavours, enzyme blend, soy lecithin, stevia leaf. That's a pretty short list compared to most commercial powders.

Nutritional Profile

The nutritional profile is actually quite good. In a 29.4g pack it's broken down as.
Calories: 115
Fat: 1g
Carbs: 2g
Protein: 24g

Which calculates to 81.6% protein by weight, and 83.5% protein by calories.

Note that typically natural wheys require move flavoring than non-naturals so the percentages tend to be a little lower, but the numbers above are good numbers for any type of whey blend.

Taste and Mixing

I mixed the protein in cold water using a ball shaker cup. The powder dissolved easily but there were something that looked like fat globules floating around.&

The protein powder had a very pleasant vanilla flavor though not particularly strong when mixed with a full 8oz. I’d say a double concentration would be better, although the globules would be more prolific.

I'd say the flavor is a very accurate Vanilla taste without any excessive sweetness, probably the closest to true vanilla I've ever tasted.

Rating


Being a whey blend I think price is an important factor, since you give up some protein to achieve a better price. That being said I say this product on sale at the supermarket for $25.99. Being in Canada where protein costs more than in the USA this is a very good price. Typically a whey blend is around the $35 mark and naturals tend to have a small premium attached.

So based on price, taste, mixing and nutrition I give this product:

8.5/10


Decent amount of protein, tastes good, great price but has some mixing issues.

7 comments:

Reidwilson said...

Hi friends,

Kaizen 100% natural whey protein is a combination of whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate. This is a high quality protein that tastes great and mixes easily with a spoon. If you are looking to stay lean and increase lean muscle, this is the perfect for you. Thanks a lot.....

Natural Whey

Eric said...

Good article on natural whey protein.It is 100% natural and perfect supplements for body building as well as loose fat.I drink daily protein shake in morning.It keeps me active whole day.Here you have shared nice product.It's great.Thanks for sharing.

David White said...

I just bought some of this for 23.99 at Sobeys in Ottawa. This was the regular price!!!!!

Unknown said...

I tried Kaizen Protein which is 100% natural supplements for body building..Thanks

Unknown said...

Hey! I read your article. I found it very informative and impressive. Thank you, for sharing your experience. I was in a search of something like this. It was quite helpful for me. Keep going. Nice work done.
Kaizen Protein

Unknown said...

kaizen whey protein I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and have my children check up here often. I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else!

Unknown said...

Hi guys,
Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
If someone want to know more about the Personal Trainer Website I think this is the right place for you!